New Generac 17kw generator complete failure -- bad product!
My 17kw generac [not capitalized -- they should not be respected] generator failed during Hurricane Sandy. The generator is fully maintained, oil and filter changed after 1st 8 hours of operation. The generator is less than a year old. The authorized generac service company made three visits. They could not fix it nor is generac people helping them. The field people get little or no support from the company. At this time the generac 17kw is still down and the authorized service people do not have a clue as to why [generac does not help]! I called generac directly and you can only reach phone reps that have no technical knowledge and you cannot talk with any technician or engineer. All they do is refer more authorized electricians -- all of which are shops without the generac expert. Authorized dealers/service companies only receive TWO days training with generac.
So, the bottom line, if anyone is considering purchasing a whole-house generator DO NOT RECOMMEND generac! I would recommend Kohler. I know of people who have Kohler's and new Kohler's do not go down!
Please pass along all this information -- do not buy generac.
Monmouth County, NJef3deca review #357323
You may also like
- "This morning I placed used carpet at our curb to be picked up by Waste Management. The volume of carpet was ~ 18" high, 60" long & 40" in width...."
- "6:10pm and a "representive" came to the door, getting ready to serve dinner, my fiancé lye him in. He kept going on about saving us money ($7 average, to be..."
- "After reading the prior 10 reviews I'll begin by stating this is a REAL review by a REAL customer. I was personally against the installation of the solar panels from..."
- "I thought I'd try an escort again after being scammed by one who took my money and ran.. so I made a few calls and finally decided on new girl..."
- "Our computer after installing KIS 2015 started showing 99% CPU usage by avp.exe and I have been a KIS for 8 years. I called and got the Phillipines they could..."
- "I bought a gas grill at Menards in Osage Beach Missouri in July of 2014 I've used it maybe 12 times it's a thermos grill and I went to use..."
- "I have owned my spa for about 7 months now and all the head rests have "bubbled" and the top skin are separating from the cushion. Called Thermospa and they..."
- "THIS IS AN ACTUAL EMAIL SENT TO CORPORATE MANAGEMENT! THEY OFFERED ME $1000 TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THE DEPLORABLE CONDITIONS...OBVIOUSLY i DID NOT ACCEPT! "We stated our intentions..."
- "Just visit www.edisonnationisascam.com Also see http://youtu.be/Z4KQQH3aK0QThey defrauded me several times. I took them seriously only because they had a TV program that airs on PBS. They declared me an "Everyday..."