Bought this unit 5 years ago and had it installed by a authorized installer.Paid out close to $4500.00.
Unit has almost literally not worked since. I've had service guys out here almost once a month for various things, but about a month before Hurricane Sandy hit in 2013, it died. I had service up here every other day (I have all of the records, so no exaggeration!) for near a month before the storm to replace parts even though the tech said the engine was shot. Generac refused to replace the engine until all parts were replaced.
Finally, the day Sandy hit (Monday) They said they'd replace the engine but a load of good it did because we were without power for 6 days and all I had was a boat anchor out back. A month later the engine was replaced. Twice more we had storms that needed the generator and both times it was off line and out of order for some damned reason or another. Now, the unit is out of warranty and it's still needing parts.
I just paid out for a maintenance contract but it doesn't cover parts and now it needs another $500.00 in parts. This is ridiculous!! Calls to Generac are like "well, stiff sh*t..." I've had less problems and paid out less money for a old "beater" car. And at least IT ran for a few months.
I am told by the servicing company that this is common with this unit and that I'm not the only one who has had these problems.
COMMON???Why won't Generac fix it?
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Never had a fully operating unit always problems
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Generac Guardian 8Kw Standby Generator System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Bought this unit 5 years ago and had it installed by a authorized installer. Paid out close to $4500.00. Unit has almost literally not worked since. I've had service guys..."
- "I have purchased a unit Missouri Wind and Solar. I put this in my system as directed by Missouri Wind and Solar. It worked for over 6 months,..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."