Bought this unit 5 years ago and had it installed by a authorized installer.Paid out close to $4500.00.
Unit has almost literally not worked since. I've had service guys out here almost once a month for various things, but about a month before Hurricane Sandy hit in 2013, it died. I had service up here every other day (I have all of the records, so no exaggeration!) for near a month before the storm to replace parts even though the tech said the engine was shot. Generac refused to replace the engine until all parts were replaced.
Finally, the day Sandy hit (Monday) They said they'd replace the engine but a load of good it did because we were without power for 6 days and all I had was a boat anchor out back. A month later the engine was replaced. Twice more we had storms that needed the generator and both times it was off line and out of order for some damned reason or another. Now, the unit is out of warranty and it's still needing parts.
I just paid out for a maintenance contract but it doesn't cover parts and now it needs another $500.00 in parts. This is ridiculous!! Calls to Generac are like "well, stiff sh*t..." I've had less problems and paid out less money for a old "beater" car. And at least IT ran for a few months.
I am told by the servicing company that this is common with this unit and that I'm not the only one who has had these problems.
COMMON???Why won't Generac fix it?
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Never had a fully operating unit always problems
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Generac Guardian 8Kw Standby Generator System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have purchased a unit Missouri Wind and Solar. I put this in my system as directed by Missouri Wind and Solar. It worked for over 6 months,..."
- "I am an ex-employee for EcoWater Systems, and I wrote this letter years ago but was unable to find proper resolution to my issues and believe posting it here may..."
- "In July we received a bill from PG&E for our True Up Bill for $1095.16 for the complete years usage. This came as surprise to us that we owed PG&E,..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."