I bought this item at Lowe's in Canada (Toronto) in May, 2015. I paid $700 for it because for some reason, I thought it was supposed to be a heavy duty machine. I had an electric Karcher for years which was quite reliable, but I wanted more power, so I bought this heavy duty gas unit.
First of all, they won't disclose or give you a parts manual or specs of any kind. I had to contact them twice just to determine oil capacity and spark plug model. I know I could have just checked the unit for the spark plug, but that information should be readily accessible in a manual.
Secondly, I used the unit maybe 4 times in total. Nevertheless, I changed the oil as per their recommendations. Regardless, each time I have used it, after 30 minutes or so, it sounds like it wants to stall, and twice, it did stall. The other 2 times, I turned it off myself.
Thirdly, at least twice, the starter rope did not recoil. The first time, I was able to get it back in, but the last time, it refused. This happened, while I was in the middle of cleaning my bbq and driveway. So that was done.
I contacted customer service, who were nice enough the first time (that was 4 days ago) and who said that I could either take it in for servicing or they could send out the part (it is still under warranty). I contacted them yesterday to see how soon I would receive the part (starter recoil assembly), and was told that they haven't even prepared the order for shipment!
So, I take apart the recoil assembly to see what the problem is. Of course, this $700 heavy duty pressure washer, which you would expect to be built with rugged parts, has a little piece of plastic to grip on to the starter pulley. And that little piece of plastic, of course, is what broke. And this is an AMERICAN company. Could they not have used metal for such an important part? Should they not have shipped this $20 part out right away? Is that expecting too much? If I bought a cheap piece of junk, I could understand - you get what you pay for, but $700 for a pressure washer is a lot of money, when most are under $300. I won't be buying Generac again.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First unit bought in May of 2014. Broke in less then 10 months. Nordyne said we did not submit warranty on line. Which we did. I..."
- "Ameren is a ripoff company. I have a second home which im only there a couple times a year. I recieve a monthly bill for around $20 and change for surcharges..."
- "Last fall I purchased a Generac 14KW Standby Lp-Gas generator, it ran less than 4 hours including exercise time before that rotor and stator failed,resulting in all the power being..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "Earlier this year I ordered their 3-in-1 Design Nationality Pattern Protective Hard Case for iPod touch 6 Assorted Color in PINK (very important to know) When I received it, they..."
- "I have an issues with a sofa set I purchased from Bad Boy in Brampton, ON that was manufactured by Sofa by Fancy. We purchased the sofa and..."
- "When I bought my Fiat 500L last July and picked it up. It was not detailed. There were two small parts to be replaced and the car was not filled..."