I bought this item at Lowe's in Canada (Toronto) in May, 2015. I paid $700 for it because for some reason, I thought it was supposed to be a heavy duty machine. I had an electric Karcher for years which was quite reliable, but I wanted more power, so I bought this heavy duty gas unit.
First of all, they won't disclose or give you a parts manual or specs of any kind. I had to contact them twice just to determine oil capacity and spark plug model. I know I could have just checked the unit for the spark plug, but that information should be readily accessible in a manual.
Secondly, I used the unit maybe 4 times in total. Nevertheless, I changed the oil as per their recommendations. Regardless, each time I have used it, after 30 minutes or so, it sounds like it wants to stall, and twice, it did stall. The other 2 times, I turned it off myself.
Thirdly, at least twice, the starter rope did not recoil. The first time, I was able to get it back in, but the last time, it refused. This happened, while I was in the middle of cleaning my bbq and driveway. So that was done.
I contacted customer service, who were nice enough the first time (that was 4 days ago) and who said that I could either take it in for servicing or they could send out the part (it is still under warranty). I contacted them yesterday to see how soon I would receive the part (starter recoil assembly), and was told that they haven't even prepared the order for shipment!
So, I take apart the recoil assembly to see what the problem is. Of course, this $700 heavy duty pressure washer, which you would expect to be built with rugged parts, has a little piece of plastic to grip on to the starter pulley. And that little piece of plastic, of course, is what broke. And this is an AMERICAN company. Could they not have used metal for such an important part? Should they not have shipped this $20 part out right away? Is that expecting too much? If I bought a cheap piece of junk, I could understand - you get what you pay for, but $700 for a pressure washer is a lot of money, when most are under $300. I won't be buying Generac again.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I came home on a Monday nignt from work to find my gas had been turned off for some unknown reason. I called ONG and the Rep said she..."
- "I move into a new home and I call Amerigas out to check the tank, they stated that my renew lease is $88.00 annual I sent the check and they..."
- "I bought my 14KW in the summer of 2012. I told the dealer I was rebuilding my house after a "Fire" and I also said I was looking for something..."
- "Bought a sofa only four months old and it start peeling and they dont care we been waiting for them to fix it these people once they get your money..."
- "When I bought my Fiat 500L last July and picked it up. It was not detailed. There were two small parts to be replaced and the car was not filled..."
- "Canada, Ontario While at Home Depot parking, was asked for airport directions by a gentleman in his mid 20's. He was driving black SUV. Same story as everyone else. Because..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."